Danny Taggart's Blogarama

A more-or-less daily dose of news, politics, techmology, and any random thoughts that pass through my head.

Friday, December 03, 2004

Friday night stroll-blogging

Despite the 35 degree weather, I decided to take a stroll through downtown. I stopped by the Christkindlmarket which is a German-themed open-air market with crafts and food. The shops were nice and pretty; each one was supposed to represent some town in Germany. There were a few stragglers though: one selling African crafts and another purveying Himalayan chai.


I then headed over to Borders on Randolph and glanced through the pop investment section. I compared The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth with The Automatic Millionaire : A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich. On one hand, the "automatic" system is clearly faster than the "one minute" system. On the other hand, a minute is not very long, and I'd rather be "enlightened" than "powerful". The decision burdened me so much, I decided to forsake my millions and head home.

On the way back, some guy was playing great music on his sax. I asked him what it was, but couldn't make heads or tails of the jumble he spat out. Further down, I ran into a bum who accosted me because his third shoe was too big for his feet. I agreed with him - the shoe was at least two sizes too big for him. Finally, I got back to the relative quiet of Printer's Row, which is nicely decorated for Christmas.