Danny Taggart's Blogarama

A more-or-less daily dose of news, politics, techmology, and any random thoughts that pass through my head.

Monday, November 29, 2004

Finally, a health care system I can support...

...but who will pay for the razor blades and needles?

    [World News]: London, Nov 28 : An unemployed Bosnian performed kidney stone surgery on himself because he did not have any money to pay medical bills.

    Emir Javoras, used a razor blade and needle to remove the stones, news agency Fena reported.

    "I woke up in the middle of the night in terrible pain, but I couldn't ask doctors to do anything about it because I am poor, have no money and no health insurance. I noticed my genitals had swollen and the pain was enormous" Javoras was quoted as saying.

    "The stones had passed out of my kidney and had got stuck in my urinary tract. I cut the skin under my testicles and with the help of a sterilized needle I managed to dig out three stones," he added. (ANI)